Friday, February 3, 2012

Hospital Bag Packed? Check!

I've hit the 37 Week mark!  Ack!  The end is near!  I'm getting super excited. Sooner than later, I will get to meet my son.  Insanity.  I almost can't even wrap my mind around it.

What I was able to wrap my mind around this week (now that I'm done working!!!) was packing my hospital bag.

I perused the internets incessantly over the last few months at a ton of hospital bag checklists.  Some of them were insanely comprehensive and included the kitchen sink.  That was a little intense for me, so I took all the things that I thought I would need and compiled my own list.

Here is what went in my bag:




Top Left going clockwise: Going home outfit for mom, hairbrush & elastic band, toiletry bag, toothbrush for dad, toothbrush for mom, shampoo & conditioner, deodorant, toothbrush, chap stick, headband, bobby pins, gum, earphones, video camera & charger, flip flops, makeup bag.


Top left going clockwise: babies going home outfit, receiving blanket, baby hat, two sleepers for baby, nightgown for mom (so I don't have to wear the hospital gowns), nursing bra, sports bra, underwear, iPhone, camera & charger, iPhone charger, iPad, socks.

Items not pictured: spare t-shirt for dad, swim trunks for dad.

Not all things pictured can stay waiting in the bag for labour to arrive, so... I made a list of 'Last Minute Items For Hospital Bag':


I stuck one of the lists to the fridge:


And one to the hospital bag in our closet:


Here are the items in more of a 'Checklist' format:

  • receiving blanket
  • baby's going home outfit
  • two sleepers
  • flip flops
  • socks
  • sports bra
  • underwear
  • nursing bra
  • going home outfit for mom
  • night gown
  • spare t-shirt for dad
  • swim trunks for dad
  • gum
  • head band
  • deodorant
  • chapstick
  • shampoo
  • conditioner
  • toothpaste
  • hair elastic
  • hairbrush
  • camera & charger
  • video camera & charger
  • iPhone charger
  • iPad
  • makeup bag
BAM! There it is.

Feels good to get that done!



No comments:

Post a Comment