Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - Week 137


Being on holidays always makes me look forward to all the good food that I can make when I get home, and this trip was no exception.  While Cuba has beautiful beaches and wonderful people, the food was far from fantastic. By the time our trip was over, I was looking forward to coming home and eating good meals!

Last week was a bit of a gong show with getting back from Cuba on Monday and then getting thrust back into life the next day, so I'm looking forward to the 'normalcy' of this week.

Here's what our menu looks like this week:

Monday: Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta (we didn't end up eating this before we went away, I've got new broccoli now though, don't worry)
Tuesday: I'm out for dinner with a friend, so the hubby is fending for himself
Wednesday: Homemade Waffles (I kept smelling waffles in Cuba so was craving them the whole time!)
Thursday: Slow Cooker Chili (I found an awesome recipe online that I have modified and it is now my favorite Chili of all time.  If you want a copy of the recipe, send me an email!)

I'm really going to try to branch out recipe wise and try some new stuff.  I tend to recycle favorite recipes, but now that I'm typing them out online, I don't want to keep seeing repeats!  It'll be a challenge for me.

As always (I know this is only the second time, whatever) I am linking up with Laura at Org Junkie for her weekly Menu Plan Monday 'link party'.  I will definitely be checking up some of the other links for recipe idea's!

Have an awesome week and happy Menu Planning!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back home! I know exactly what you mean about getting home and cooking. I absolutely hate eating out, it's always a huge disappointment it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing waffles for dinner! I keep getting it in my head that I want to make waffles with bacon in them. Doesn't that sound so good???

    http://alittlenosh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow, Cuba? I would love the recipes for your pasta and chili. Love your dining room too. I was snooping.

    ReplyDelete